Also available at Barnes and Noble, Apple Books, and other retailers.
We live in a unique generation.
For the first time in history, the church is facing two unprecedented events:
- The gospel may reach all people within a generation.
- For the first time in history, the whole earth is watching God’s purposes for Israel unfold.
Most Christians read the Old Testament as a story about Israel and the New Testament as a radical shift from Israel’s story to the story of the nations. However, Israel and the nations are deeply connected in both the Old and New Testament. The New Testament is neither the beginning of God’s purposes for the nations nor the end of Israel’s story.
When we understand the overarching context of the Old Testament and Israel’s story, we find God has a single redemptive plan for Israel and the nations. The Great Commission was not a dramatic shift in God’s plan, nor was it a new idea. It is the means of fulfilling God’s promises to Israel and the nations.
In Israel and the Great Commission, discover:
- How the Old Testament lays the foundation for the Great Commission
- How Israel and the Great Commission are deeply connected
- How Israel’s story continues in the New Testament
- How Paul understood God’s plan to save Israel and the nations
- How the Great Commission will be finished